The institutional policies with regard to quality assurance are as follows.
- Ensure, sustain and enhance the quality of teaching, learning, evaluation and infrastructure
- Imparting quality education to the masses from the society catering to their diverse needs and fostering global competence among them.
- ICT enabled teaching learning
- Promotes research culture
- Faculty empowerment through workshops/seminars/conferences
- Promoting professional development of the staff
- Quality feedback mechanism
- Performance appraisal mechanism
Contribution of IQAC in quality assurance processes:
- IQAC has suggested conducting seminars/workshops/conferences. During last five Feedback forms for evaluation of teachers by students are developed. Feedback forms stakeholders are sought on teachers, curriculum and campus.
- PBAS forms and API scores of teachers are evaluated
- Department wise examination results are analyzed and reports are communicated to the principal.
- Recommended for procurement of ICT infrastructure and impart training
- Motivate faculty to adopt innovative teaching learning methods
- Encourage faculty to conduct tours, excursions, field visits, surveys
- Motivate faculty to establish collaboration, linkages and MoUs.
Thus, over the years the IQAC has evolved into an all-encompassing coordinating cell which ensures quality in all its endeavours.
IQAC plays a crucial role in connecting and coordinating the various bodies in the institute especially in the matters related to the teaching-learning process in the institute. It functions as an umbrella organ engaging and interacting with all the other systems in materializing its goals and objectives.